Monday, March 3, 2008

Winter in Winter Park

La, la, la, la,la, la, la. Winter is so beautiful. It doesn't suck after all. Nice clear days that are great for taking walks in the park. What happened to my "Winter Sucks" stance, you ask? Did I fall and bump my head? Suddenly become redeemed by the beauty of snow angels? No. Here's the answer in one word. Geography. As in since I moved south, I no longer experience real winter. Sure we have chilly days here and there, but it's nothing like where I grew up. Get this, the town I live in was created as an escape from northern winters for the well to do. Ha! Nowadays, you don't have to be rolling in dough to live here, but its still quite nice. Every time I start to wax poetic about home, I remind myself it's probably all of 15 degrees there right now. Poof! Homesickness cured.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.http://sbtvd.blogspot.com/