Sunday, May 20, 2007

Bermuda

We arrived in Bermuda around 7am. We had a snorkeling excursion for most of the morning. This is my shot at being adventurous. Ha! I enjoyed the boat ride out to the diving area but getting into the water was something else. It was cold! The air temperature was about 72F so the water was considerably colder. Tim (hubby) had gone snorkeling before and doesn't mind the cold nearly as much as I do, so he tried to be helpful. I got ready to swim and my right fin flew off. Another attempt and the fin again the fin freed itself from my foot. I finally get my face in the water and what the hell?! I couldn't breathe. Yes I know you're supposed to breathe through the tube they give you but it wasn't happening. I wound up chilling on the nearby beach while many (not all)of the others snorkeled. The cool people who joined me on the beach were in agreement about the ridiculously cold water.

In the afternoon we went to Hamilton walked around and had lunch. It was just getting good when we had to get back to the ship.

There's more to discuss, but a girl is tired. I'm out.

No comments: