Friday, May 11, 2007

Moving Sucks Part Un

Due to my not being proactive in the matter, and largely due to my now husband's pack rat tendencies, I'm just now moving my things out of my friends' house where I used to be a roommate. April 2006 I'd moved in with my friends in an effort to save money. A few weeks later I started dating one of the customers at the store I worked at. We'd been having friendly convos for several months during his visits. Long story short, we were living together in less than three months. My friends had been living with my things sans moi for about a year. So this meant a bunch of trips with the F-150 and a few with my sister's van when I finally gave in and asked for my parents assistance. I tried to reserve a moving truck but I guess two days notice was too short. Lesson learned. This is the one time I should've not been so concerned about money and just bit the bullet and gotten a moving company.

The lesson: Being frugal is one thing but being cheap costs you in the end.

No comments: