Thursday, February 15, 2007

Cold Chillin'

I. Hate. Winter. I live in Michigan, so I can count on winter coming every damn year. Winter was late this year though. From X-Mas well into January, it was spring jacket warm on most days. It was an aberration and I didn't care. Global warming be damned. However, nothing good comes without a price; winter has been making us pay for it every since third week of January. Punk.

Since its stupefyingly cold, I've gone into hermit mode. In fact, if I could arrange for my groceries to be brought to my house, a personal trainer to come to my house, and someone to do my banking for me, I wouldn't bother going outside until April. My honey has been coming up with ways to break up my self imposed house arrest. Take last night for example. Honey scored a reservation for us at Morton's Steakhouse. A 10 o'clock reservation. This means I gotta get off of my couch, (where I'd been resting warmly and comfortably all day) make myself cute (=freezer bait). Until this point, the highlight of our lover's holiday was me helping honey compile info for a paper for his economics class. Romantic, eh? Anywho, we head out to Morton's and even though honey is treating me to a night out, I'm muttering about the cold. I'm not unappreciative, I'm just sayin'...


No comments: